Things you need to apply for an outdoor dining licence
- Your food licence number
- A sketch of the area you wish to occupy, including any dimensions.
Example of an outdoor dining aerial sketch 草图样本 （此样本来自奥克兰市议会网站）
Outdoor Dining is not an overly complicated process as there are three versions of it being applied for. It is essentially the licence to have if the premise sells food and/or beverages for consumption and would like to offer the outdoor dining service. It can either be a new application, a transfer of a current licence or a renewal.
户外餐饮许可并不是一个复杂的申请，一共可分为三种类型：1. 新的申请，2. 位置（地点，过户）变更，3. 到期更新。 申请户外餐饮许可的前提是你已经拥有餐饮业的经营许可，并且想提供一个户外的营业区域给顾客。
Please note: Customers/Owners do not need to submit an application if their outdoor dining is on private land. Also note: The application fee of $360 is non-refundable.
如果户外用餐区域是建立在私有土地之上，那么商家无需申请户外用餐许可。许可申请费用为$ 360 (不接受退费申请)
New Applications: 新用户申请
- All new applications must complete the attached form and provide the documents required.
- Trading hours can be as early as 6:00am but must end at 12:00am (midnight)-which is a blanket rule across Auckland.
- The outdoor dining area can no longer be used for customers wanting to smoke as there is a Smokefree Policy that took effect in January 2018 across the whole of the Auckland region.
- Once an application is applied for, the licence is valid for 12-months.
- Traders/Owners can apply for a 6-month summer season licence, which is set and valid from 1st November till 30th April (following year), and the fee for the rental of the land is half the price of the 12-month rental fee.
- Once the customer submits the application, it gets lodged by our admin, and then it gets passed onto us (Street Trading Inspectors).
- Upon receiving the application, we will set a time to meet the customer on their site to do a measure up of their area.
- Customers need to be aware when measuring the area, we (Street Trading Inspectors) must leave at least 1.8m clearance of the footpath, to avoid obstruction of the footpath for any oncoming pedestrians. Please note: that whilst measuring an area, we do measure to the end of the footpath, however if there is car parking, or any form of obstruction on the footpath (i.e permanent rubbish bin, light pole, telephone booth or even public benches), then we would measure to the obstruction.
- If the footpath is on a busy street, and there is a lot more foot traffic, we would increase the clearance from at least 1.8m to 2m. This figure may vary depending on the footpath width, accessibility and foot traffic.
To view all relevant conditions not covered here, please visit the Auckland Council website:
Renewal Applications: 到期更新申请：
-If all our records are correct in accordance to the customers’ details, then a customer should receive a renewal notice for their outdoor dining. If all the applicants’ details are correct in the application form and there are no changes to be made, then payment can be done without the application being sent back to us.
Please note: Any current or previous outdoor dining licences do not currently have a condition about the Smokefree Policy. However, with the renewal, this will be added.
Transferable Applications: 位置（地点, 过户等）变更:
Customers who sell their business and have a current outdoor dining licence can get their outdoor dining licence transferred to the new owners.
- New owners must complete the attached form, and indicate that they are submitting for a transfer of licence. Completion of the form is important and must be done within 10 working days of transfer, as we will follow up for any issues or non-payments with the new owners.
- If there are a few months left on the licence, then we would transfer the details of the previous outdoor dining area as is, under the new owner’s details. Then a new licence will be issued for the remaining months under the new owners details.
- New owners can request to either reduce their outdoor dining or increase the area is there is sufficient space.
- New owners can also request to put the licence on hold until they have taken over the premise, and completed any renovations or changes made to the trading premise.